17 October 2005

nicotine fit

No, no we didn't start smoking, but our dog seems to have an affinity for the nicotine. You all remember Kiwi, our cute little three month old pug in all of her early innocence...here is a picture of her just to jar your memory :)


That innocence has been shattered. Her sole purpose on her walks is to find any and every discarded cigarette on the road. Then she walks around with it in her mouth. If you could only imagine a pug with a cigarette hanging out of her mouth. I think she actually craves it, she is obsessed. I will take it out of her mouth and throw it as far away as possible only for her to find another. (the road next to us is the drop-off and pick-up point for a private school, I think the parents throw out the old cigarettes when they are done while sitting in line) Now, in California, only an idiot throws their cigarettes because you can start a wildfire, but here in Michigan this seems to be a very common practice that drives me bonkers! Now my dog is an addict ;) Gee, I wish I had a picture to show you all, I'll try and snap one later!

On another tragic note, I have had a highlighting accident with my hair and am on my way to an emergency hair appointment. Wish me luck! Paul has been sweet, we are down to one car (another emergency) and he has postponed a meeting so we don't have to look at my formerly blonde, now orange, hair. The Wagon has a problem and the mechanic has had it for two days and we have yet to know what is wrong..something engine related UGH! If it is not one thing it is another!

This, people, is our frantic life! Wish us luck!

No comments: