30 May 2006

Westward ho!

Calling all relatives and friends residing on the West coast: That time has come around again, Caden and I will be in California from June 20 to July 5, visiting grandpa. If anyone would like to entertain us, just let us know. We have two weeks to spend catching up. Caden is really lucky to be able to spend so much time with my Dad. Since his birth, my Dad spends his vacation time visiting us in Michigan for two weeks in the fall and then sends Caden and I out for two weeks in the summer. It works out well. It seems like we see each other even more now that we live on the other side of the country. Hopefully we will be able to visit with Grandma and Grandpa "lini" like last year, too.


We had a great weekend. It was hot and humid here in Michigan. We had a garage sale on Saturday, used the proceeds towards a trip to the waterpark on Sunday, and enjoyed our pool Monday. I never thought we would like having a pool as much as we do. It was really nice floating in our very own in-ground pool. We have been cleaning it and feeding it (putting chemicals in it) for two months, but it was worth the wait. It was a pleasant 82 degrees in the water. Not too cold and not too hot. Caden is learning how to swim. His confidence is getting better, he even was jumping in and floating in the deep end. We tried to get him to dive in off the diving boards, but he wasn't quite ready for that. Sorry, no pictures today. I still don't have my laptop back and loading pictures on the spare computer is a real chore.


Today Caden had his first "real" ouchie. He squished the tip of his middle finger in between two 2 pound weights. It is pretty swollen and bruised. Poor guy. We are keeping our eyes on it, if it gets any worse, or he complains about it, I think I'll bring him to the doctor. It is the tip of his finger, so I think there isn't much we can do for it. He seems to be using it, and it bends, so I think it is just a big ouchie.

Hope everyone enjoyed the long weekend, and we hope to see you soon!

No comments: