06 June 2006

gimping along...



We took our first pier walk of the year on Sunday. It was absolutely beautiful. The only problem is that I twisted my ankle. It didn't hurt right away, but as the day went on, it got so bad I could hardly walk on it. I went to the Doctor today, as it wasn't getting better. It looks like it is only a Grade II sprain and should be better in a week. Good news, but I was thinking it would get better quicker, I don't like limping around, and Caden is too quick for me on a good day!

Paul has been working lots. He is very busy. He will be traveling a lot at the end of this month, when Caden and I are in California.

I still don't have my laptop back. Our "friend" "borrowed" it about 6 weeks ago. He is no longer returning our calls. hmm, we think that our last resort is to report it stolen, because he took it for supposedly a couple of days, now it has been well over one month, and he isn't returning our calls. Can you trust anyone in this world anymore? hmpffff

Another drama over here is that Caden is first on the waiting list for school of choice for Spring Lake school. Apparently, the superintendent of Fruitport schools lived on our street, and somehow was able to skew the school lines to make our little street part of Fruitport schools, since he needed to live in the district. Well, thanks a lot, good for him. It sucks for everyone else in the neighborhood that wants their kids to go to school in the same town as we live in. Every child on our street goes to Spring Lake Schools. This year, they have 90 kids in the district, whereas 60 is the norm, so they shut down school of choice. We are up in the air on where he will be going to school. I did, however, manage to swindle our way into getting him screened in the Spring Lake schools next week to see if he should go in young fives instead. That is one step in the right direction. If they open up school of choice, he will get in. So, we hope that it all works out. No matter what, he is registered for both districts. Fruitport doesn't screen for young fives, it is parental choice. We, quite frankly, just need a little direction in that matter. I just don't know if he is ready or not. Over here, about 85% of the kids go through young fives first. When I was little, I went to young fives too, but I was always one of the oldest in my class because of it. Who knew that this would be such a drama?

Well that is our latest update, hope all is going well out with you all. Have a great day!

No comments: