22 November 2006

200th post....

Finally....I have some pictures of some ceramic art in process. I am making owl ornaments for an international ornament swap. I need to have them all fired twice and sent out by December 1st!


this is an owl in process...

I am making ten of them right now, maybe I will make more for our tree if I have time!

I decided to add a beak, which was kinda tricky...

ten little owls, drying out, waiting for sanding, then the first bisque fire, glazing and then glaze fire, packaging and out in the mail by December 1st.

Caden was inspired by Mommy's studio-palooza, and decided to make bird ornaments for his friends and teacher. He use polymer clay, which cures in the oven.



such concentration...and, may I say (as a proud and slightly biased mother, such an artist, already!)

Caden had been quite ill with an ear infection, actually missing pj day at church and laying down for the entire day. He has never, ever, done that, although he has been more ill than this, he was in a lot of pain from the pressure of fluid in the ear. It took two screaming doctor's appointments, but it finally got diagnosed and is on the mend, thankfully.

(still sucking his two fingers, in fact he has started to chew on then collars of his shirts..? I think that maybe he is getting ready to lose his first tooth? who knows, he sure is oral, in every way...his bus driver has notified us that caden's voice works better than a megaphone)

and finally...a little levity..

On a little hike in the golf course woods that are behind our house, we found a tumbleweed, and Paul, always the entertainer, well...I guess the picture speaks for itself!

No comments: