The answer, of course not. Why would a four year old boy stick a unpopped kernel of corn in his ear? No one really knows. But that is the reason we ended up in the emergency room last night. I thought he had wax in his ear, a lot of wax, so I tried to clean them. Well, he just wasn't acting right, crying etc...so I decided that maybe I had injured his ear while cleaning them. Luckily the ear ended up to be fine, just narrowed canals from allergies, BUT the other ear had an unidentified object inside. I laughed and thought the doctor was joking. He wasn't. Apparently it is a serious thing, foreign matter, especially vegetable matter can cause a severe infection. It took three grown men and the help of a velcro strapped back board to hold caden down to remove the kernel. Oh, it was terrifying to see him strapped down hysterically screaming for me. I was right there, trying to soothe him and let him know it would be ok. Luckily they got it out and now we need to put drops in both of his ears every four hours. Kids, never a dull moment.