15 April 2007

My Life...a sad, sad book?

We have been told more than once that we should write a book about our life and our multiple experiences. At church today we were talking about how sometimes some people go through so many trials and others, well, not so much. Everyone has trials, but then there are TRIALS. For example a couple from our church lost a baby tragically last year, and then this year, while on vacation, the husband dove into a wave and broke his neck. Now that is a TRIAL. He is a pastor. Miracles have been happening for them, but he is still paralyzed. But God has equipped us to make it through our trials. When I have a bad few days like I have been having lately, I am reminded of their journey and every step of the way when a door closed, at least one window of opportunity opened.

Ok, back to our zany trials. Paul has been in South Carolina for a week. In that week I locked myself out of the house. I discovered that Paul had all of the house keys. I discovered that I cannot kick a door in. I also discovered that calling a locksmith is much cheaper than kicking said door in. Then our telephone went on the blitz. I could call out, but every time someone called me it rang once on their end and promptly hung up. It never rang inside the house. This problem caused me to crawl around the house trying to figure out if something was wrong inside the house etc. Not fun. Well, that got fixed by our lovely AT &T man. He was awfully kind. I was finally coming out from underneath my week of small trials and tribulations when someone knocked on my door this afternoon after church.

Who could it be? Well, apparently, while the phone was on the blitz the car dealership where we just bought our car two weeks ago had been trying to get a hold of us. The title papers did not go through on their end and they discovered someone had not paid the lien on the car. It was basically illegal for me to have the car. Bye bye...Audi. See you later. Me, here, all alone, no car. Ok, panic settling in. The dealership was very understanding and is bringing me a loaner car tomorrow until we can find another car of theirs that we like. They think that they have a used lexus coming in (I have never driven one, we are more Saab, VW, Audi people) But at this point I will just be happy with four wheels that will safely get Caden to school and back.

....
suddenly, as I was just writing this, I realized that the timer for my comfort food (chocolate chip cookies) didn't go off. Can it get any more like a sitcom? I don't want to ask, I am afraid of the answer. My cookies are now very brown, but I think salvageable......

ok...well wish me luck for a better week this week. Caden has a field trip on Tuesday and we need transportation that day or he will miss it. The car guy even gave me a hug...so he better keep up on his promise for the loaner car tomorrow. Or I will cry.

I thank God that all of my trials this week can be fixed. I am thankful for our health, I am thankful that Paul's cancer is in remission and I am thankful that I have a good set of doctors that help me deal with my back. I thank God for the hope of another day, and for that day to be better than today.

ok, venting does help. I don't feel like crawling into a hole too much anymore....

No comments: